Thank you Buzz Feed! I was “hanging out” Thursday evening, 9PM, Cali time…when the feeling of dread came over me…Oh boy…tomorrow is Blog Friday! How in the World does one not have a “ready blog” for Friday…when one has over 100 blogs “in the hopper”? I’ll tell you, it’s Easy. and I can blame that 4-letter word. Life. 😉 In my own defense, 100 blogs “in the hopper” does not a publishable blog make!
Again, thank you Buzz Feed for providing me with a timely, useful and snappy blog. Some of these style charts I’ve featured before but some are brand new. I predict this blog, like the blog, Stylish Things to Know, will be one of my most read blogs. At least it should be… because there are some very important things to know!
1. First things first: It’s not you! All sizes are NOT created equally. A guide to vanity sizing.
2. Here’s how to find your “golden number” aka the perfect dress length for your body.
3. Figure out which colors to wear with each other.
4. And how to mix patterns and textures.
5. Go mad for this guide to plaids. (SORRY.)
6. And style your stripes.
7. Become a print-mixing pro.
8. Here are a few great options for styling a button-up shirt.
9. Here’s how to tell a mermaid from a mini.
10. And an A-line from a little shift dress.
11. And here’s what you should save on, and what you might want to spend a little more on.
12. Every collar ever.
13. Get a great shirt cuff every time.
14. And pull off the perfect jean tuck.
15. Know your bolero from your shrug.
16. And your car coat from a duffle.
17. Here’s how to look super ~chic~ and ~European~.
18. Or make boyfriend jeans work for you? No problem.
19. One pair of leggings worn 10 ways.
20. The five elements you need to go from day to night in a pinch.
21. Make way for the best bra.
22. A few easy tips for the petite ladies in the house.
23. Find the right dress shape for your body type.
24. For all those times you were like, “What does FORMAL DAYTIME even mean?”
25. It’s all about that A-line.
26. Find the neckline that’s most flattering for you.
27. And the sleeve you love most.
28. Check out this visual glossary of bag styles.
29. And shoe styles.
30. Have yourself a hat.
32. Figure out what glasses work best for your face shape.
33. Find a best necklace for each type of collar.
34. And the optimum length for each necklace.
35. Choose earrings that work best with your face shape.
36. How many ways are there to wear a scarf? A MILLION WAYS.
37. Figure out what you need to bring on a trip.
38. And then learn to pack like a pro.
39. Here’s how to get your most accurate body measurements.
40. Hang your clothes on the proper hanger.
41. And maybe most importantly: The definitive guide to how many times you can wear something without having to wash it.
Because ain’t nobody got time for laundry. Best. Quote. Ever!
Twas but one year ago, this weekend, that Meredith graduated from college. I mean, OMG…talk about time flying by. Here’s a fall back Friday pic…or two!
Note to self…we need new family picture. Happily, we will have one at POB’s graduation… just 3 weeks away. Again, OMG. Seriously, this cannot possibly be happening. Will we be empty nesters? Even if a bird has come back to the nest? Oh, and next weekend is Prom, so that will sure to be an upcoming blog, chock-full of Fabulous Prom pics…and no Prama, please! Thanks Dr. Stevie, for coining that term.
Prama…ain’t Nobody got time for that!
Some Marvelous Mother’s Day Quotes
Song of the Day: If you were here by the Thompson Twins – a little Sixteen Candles for this Friday!
But just like the rain
i’ll be always falling, yeah
only to rise and fall again
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. I miss my mother every single day, and there isn’t a day (or hour) that goes by that I don’t think of her. And being a mother is not just about blood. It’s about love. Thank you to those who have shown motherly love to me since my mom has been gone. ❤ ❤ ❤
On this Mother’s Day weekend, I am feeling so very lucky and blessed that these 2 chickadees call me, Mom…and I love them very, very much.
Falling back to South Beach in 2008.
Dinner the night before Meredith went back to college in 2012.
Just about a year ago this weekend. Mer’s first week back home! Just a casual night out. 😉
Happy Mother’s Day! 🙂
Thank you. 😉