In lieu of my standard Friday post…I am posting this on Wed, in case you can use some handy stocking stuffer ideas. 🙂
In my house, Santa brings the presents under the tree. Kevin and I fill the stockings. My kids open the gifts from Santa first, and save the Stockings for last. That’s a great deal of pressure to put on a weary mother. I thought I would share what some of our favorite stocking stuffers have been, and one’s that I have researched for your blogging pleasure!
1. Movies and DVDs – It started with Disney Movies sticking out the top…and now it’s Wii Games, Twilight Movies, and Madden 2011. Season 8 of 24 would be a perfect stocking stuffer for Moi.
2. Gift Cards – iTunes; Visa; Target; Nordstrom…fits perfectly into a stocking…a miniature stocking stuffed with multiple gift cards will make a great hit! Utilize a blank CD jacket by tucking in a music store gift card or iTunes gift card. Purchase a very inexpensive wallet and slip a gift card or two into the billfold section.
3. Lip Gloss/Lip Balm – Bonnie Bell Lip Balm…or good ole chapstick! Chicago winters require this.
4. ornaments hanging from the stocking – the kids always get an ornament that’s reminiscent of the year.
5. Fruit in the toe of the stocking – my Mom always put an apple and orange in the toe of the stocking. My kids prefer the toe to be filled with more “stuff”…and not fruit. 🙂
6. Mini handheld games – my brothers use to spend hours playing this Mattel Football game…which Patrick received in the stocking several years back as well.
7. Playing cards – Z Gallerie has Great playing cards. I gave my friend Cathy some Barbie playing cards that were a scream! You forget how much fun card playing can be, till you lose yourself in an evening of Kings in the Corner!
8. Little books – Life’s Little Instruction books fit perfectly into the stockings.
9. Candy – my favorite candy in the world is Pink Ladies from Fannie May…Coconut dipped in Pink Chocolate. Doesn’t get any better than that! And you can get small boxes of 4 pieces.
10. Sporting Tickets – Go Bears!
11. Socks – a sock in a sock.
12. Mini tools – the high heel shoe opener or the high heel hammer (abernook.com) , fit perfectly into stockings.
13. Cologne – purse or small little bottles of something that smells fabulous…Amazing Grace by Philosophy is my personal favorite…and some of my dearest friends love it too!
13. Jewelry – anything will do. Girls are not picky…and these match my Tiffany snowflake necklace! What luck!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.
— Bo Derek