In lieu of my standard Friday post…I am posting this on Wed, in case you can use some handy stocking stuffer ideas.
In my house, Santa brings the presents under the tree. Kevin and I fill the stockings. My kids open the gifts from Santa first, and save the Stockings for last. That’s a great deal of pressure to put on a weary mother. I thought I would share what some of our favorite stocking stuffers have been, and one’s that I have researched for your blogging pleasure!
1. Movies and DVDs – It started with Disney Movies sticking out the top…and now it’s Wii Games, Twilight Movies, and Madden 2011. Season 8 of 24 would be a perfect stocking stuffer for Moi.
2. Gift Cards – iTunes; Visa; Target; Nordstrom…fits perfectly into a stocking…a miniature stocking stuffed with multiple gift cards will make a great hit! Utilize a blank CD jacket by tucking in a music store gift card or iTunes gift card. Purchase a very inexpensive wallet and slip a gift card or two into the billfold section.
3. Lip Gloss/Lip Balm – Bonnie Bell Lip Balm…or good ole chapstick! Chicago winters require this.
4. ornaments hanging from the stocking – the kids always get an ornament that’s reminiscent of the year.
5. Fruit in the toe of the stocking – my Mom always put an apple and orange in the toe of the stocking. My kids prefer the toe to be filled with more “stuff”…and not fruit.
6. Mini handheld games – my brothers use to spend hours playing this Mattel Football game…which Patrick received in the stocking several years back as well.
7. Playing cards – Z Gallerie has Great playing cards. I gave my friend Cathy some Barbie playing cards that were a scream! You forget how much fun card playing can be, till you lose yourself in an evening of Kings in the Corner!
8. Little books – Life’s Little Instruction books fit perfectly into the stockings.
9. Candy – my favorite candy in the world is Pink Ladies from Fannie May…Coconut dipped in Pink Chocolate. Doesn’t get any better than that! And you can get small boxes of 4 pieces.
10. Sporting Tickets – Go Bears!
11. Socks – a sock in a sock.
12. Mini tools – the high heel shoe opener or the high heel hammer (abernook.com) , fit perfectly into stockings.
13. Cologne – purse or small little bottles of something that smells fabulous…Amazing Grace by Philosophy is my personal favorite…and some of my dearest friends love it too!
13. Jewelry – anything will do. Girls are not picky…and these match my Tiffany snowflake necklace! What luck!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.
– Bo Derek