The first Monday of the Month…MANic Monday!
As promised in my stocking stuffer blog a few days ago, here’s some ideas for stocking stuffers for Men! For my brother Mark, who each time I see him, asks for more “male-related” blogs… Of course this blog is about buying for Men, but it’s still “male-oriented”.
And I found these gems on my new favorite obsession (aka… timewaster), Pinterest! I did not populate this list, but like most of it.
Stocking Stuffers for Men:
- Cologne – samples work best because they are smaller and cheaper
- Undies – festive boxers
- chocolate or other candy – Get the big candy bars, like movie candy bars
- chocolate covered bacon, pretzels, or other food items (chocolate covered bacon sounds nasty, btw)
- Bottle opener, bottle opener ring (Stella has a Great beer opener)
- Beanie/knit hat – perhaps a Chicago Bears hat?
- Gloves – every man needs a great pair of leather gloves
- Holiday ornament – Kevin and the kids get ornaments every year
- Key Chain
- Phone case
- Money clip – with a $20 bill attached!
- Wallet – with at least a $20 in it
- A cheesy movie from the clearance bin (you may use suggestions from the Holiday Movies blog, if you wish)
- Mini lego kits (like race cars, lego men, key chains, etc.)
- Silly putty or other slimy substance
- Deck of cards or other card games (like Uno)
- Silly toys – parachute men, poppers, wind up animals, sticky hands, mini etch-a-sketch, etc.
- Shot glass
- Key covers (I bought tiki men key covers for my brother one year)
- Ear buds
- Mini bottles of booze (or mini bottles of alcohol, as I strongly dislike the word “booze”)
- Ties – Pink or Purple
- Cufflinks – if your guy wears them, there are some great ones at J. Hilburn!
- Manly bath products or bath favorites (if there is such a thing, other than “soap on a rope”)
- Pocket knife – my father thinks everyone should have a good Swiss Army knife
- Mini tools or weapons – what male doesn’t love a Nerf gun?
- A book, graphic novel, or magazine – Patrick’s favorite magazine is DuPont registry.
- $5 gift cards – or dial it up a notch and get them a gift card for their favorite store (mine would be Nordstrom)
- Gum or mints
- Hand or boot warmers – found some at Target for $1, and used them yesterday at the Bears game
- Hand or cuticle cream – even men needs soft hands
- Computer decals
- Car air fresheners
- Special cigar
- lighter – again, Target in the dollar section has the long utility lighters for a dollar!
- Coffee samples
- Patches, stickers, or pins of a sports team, band, or company, etc. (STP…does that make me sound old?)
- Coffee cup or mug
- Nail clippers and tweezers
- Razors and other shaving accessories
- Boot or hat cleaning or weathering spray
- Pens or pencils
- Bandanas – does anyone still use these other than for cowboy-themed parties?
- Mini specialty food items – mustard, hot sauce, nutella, etc.
- Belt buckles – not sure I know any man who wears a belt buckle…
Have a guy in your life with a hobby or interest? Is he a student? There are other trinkets your can fill his stocking with as well:
- Memory cards
- USB Stick/flash drive – take it a step further and populate it with family photo’s
- Ear buds – (mentioned above, so this must be a really great stocking stuffer)
- Film – yes, some people still have camera’s that require actual “film”
- Camera filters or accessories
- Craft/hobby supplies – baseball cards or memorabilia?
- Kitchen utensils/trinkets – a special knife, measuring spoons, something the cook might enjoy
- Tickets for a sporting event or concert
- Quarters for laundry (helpful for college students)
Good luck, and make it even more fun/annoying…wrap every item individually! And remember, these are just ideas…no need to “Shoot the blogger”. And no need to mention the Bears game either! Ugh!
T. (aka, Therese for You Mark)
Coming Wednesday…Stocking Stuffer ideas for everyone!
Coming Friday…Hostess Gift ideas