You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~Dr. Seuss
If you are aspiring for an exquisite Valentine’s Day here are a few ideas or tips to help make it a Valentine’s Day to remember. And call me a total Dork, but I absolutely Love Conversation Hearts!
A simple ‘I Love You’ with a kiss can set an awesome mood for a Valentine’s Day. And if you want to take it a step further, here are some other options:
- Decorate his/her house with hearts, bows and ribbons.
- Make arrangements for surprise flower bouquets.
- Cook a dinner for two and decorate the room with heart-shaped candles.
- A romantic note asking him/her to be your valentine.
- Send sweet love quotes.
- Make your own Valentine’s Day card which expresses your feelings.
- Create a scrapbook ‘recollection collection’ and fill it with love letters, photographs, cherished mementos, etc.
- A CD of his/her favorite songs. Don’t forget to include Build me up Buttercup!
- Jewelry is always wonderful. A sweet heart bracelet or locket. Casual watch for a guy.
- Plan a special dinner for him/her either in a garden or a boat. A candle light dinner is just unforgettable.
- Pamper your sweetheart by gifting her a spa session.
- Pot a plant that will grow and loom for her.
- Spend loads of quality time with him/her and “clandestine “visits to romantic gateways.
- Gift him/her a nice cell phone for keeping endless communication.
- Gift her a beautiful evening gown or apparel.
- Dance with your valentine to his/her favorite song – mine is In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
- Include a chocolate dessert in your romantic dinner.
- Create a love song CD full of Valentine’s Day songs. My friend Monica posted on Facebook, this classic,
More Today than Yesterday, by Spiral Starecase. Love it!
*For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
- Send flowers at workplace or home to him/her.
- If he/she loves gadgets then gift a digital camera.
and, my personal favorite would be Veuve Clicquot and Cupcakes with Peter Gabriel’s In Your Eyes playing in the background.
*Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.
*The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.